How do I get started?
Everything is made so easy through iFundraise.ie.
But, before you get started, it’s really important that we know about any fundraising events you are organising on our behalf. This is so that we can ensure that the rules set out by the Irish Charities Regulatory Authority are fully complied with. We have to approve any fundraising activity that you’re undertaking on our behalf, so please register your event with us beforehand by contacting our Team on 087 361 6616 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details about it.
From there, it takes just five minutes to get going! All you have to do is to click here to visit the iDonate website, and then:
- Log in or quickly register your details.
- Click the “Start Fundraising” tab on the homepage.
- Select which kind of event you’re interested in running.
- Choose a name, date and location for your event.
- Choose Ataxia Foundation Ireland as your charity.
- Fill in a few details for your fundraising page; share some photos and social media links if you have them; and, before you know it, you’re ready to go!
It’s that simple – now it’s just about spreading the word and watching your sponsorship grow!
You can set yourself a target if you’d like to, or you can just see how it goes. Your fundraising page will be live on the iDonate website for anyone to see and donate to, but it’s always a great idea to share what you’re doing through email, social media, and even good old-fashioned chats with friends!
Ask your family and friends to get involved, and maybe think about the different skills and contacts that they have which could help you with organising and promoting your event. And, of course, we’ll be here to help you too!